Interested in joining a committee or becoming a part of the AIGA WM Board of Directors? Check out the open board positions below and follow the links to apply. Have any questions? Reach out to our outgoing President, Elyse Flynn to learn more!
Currently Seeking the Following Board Positions:
President-Elect – Lead the board of directors with a strong vision and strategy for the organization and how it should evolve and support board members in succeeding in their individual goals.
Open Committee Positions:
- Volunteer Chair – Work closely with the Programming Director and coordinate all of our amazing volunteers for events. Apply
- Mentorship Chair -Collaborate with our Education Director and the board as we kick off our Mentorship Program this Fall. Apply
- Programming Committee Apply
- Communications Committee Apply
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee Apply
- Membership Committee Apply
- Education Committee Apply
Need a few more details before applying?
Commitment: Board members commit to a two-year agreement to serve the West Michigan chapter of AIGA. The time, motivation, and dedication shared makes a significant impact on the local community. This requires a commitment to the vision and needs of AIGA West Michigan while strengthening your network with local designers and AIGA chapters around the nation. Terms will begin August 1, 2019, and end July 31st, 2021
Responsibility: The board meets monthly to report on and develop chapter activities. While this is a “working board,” we are fiducially and strategically responsible for this 501(c)3 organization. Taking on a board role is a serious endeavor with large responsibilities, however, it’s also an exciting task. Our board and committee members serve the greater West Michigan design community, providing leadership and helping shape the understanding and value of our profession.
There are a number of benefits to becoming a board member but here’s a few to begin:
- Helping to contribute to the community of West Michigan
- Learning new skills like leadership training, event planning, and public speaking
- Complimentary registration to AIGA WM events and discounted national conferences and events
- Access to the local, regional and national design network
- Shaping the current state and future of design
- Giving back to the design profession
- Paying it forward to emerging and future creative practitioners