Join AIGAWM Leadership and Antionette Carroll, the founder and executive director ofCreative Reaction Lab, for a 4-hour workshop exploring the design thinking process and developing prototypes challenging a Grand Rapids social justice issue. Merging a diverse cross-section of our region from non-designer to designer to collectively engage in a creative experience to explore solutions for our community and empathize with marginalized communities, test ideas, assess risk, and create actionable solutions whiledeveloping innovative and impactful approaches challenging systemic issues – especially through interdisciplinary collaboration. Creative Reaction Lab's model will be used and has covered topics such as Mental health, Police Brutality, Prison Pipelines, and Racism with corporations and students K-12.
- Define the role of design thinking & social innovation
- Cultivate creative leadership & new community relationships
- Challenge participants to develop community-centered, community-led solutions and integrating community engagement
- Instigate development of actionable-solutions
- Develop design thinking competency to encourage the creation of a range of solutions – from products to services and strategies
Includes a Continental Breakfast (Lunch not Provided)
About Antionette Carroll:
Chair of the AIGA Diversity & Inclusion Task Force, as well as President of AIGA St. Louis, Antionette is the founder and executive director of Creative Reaction Lab [http://www.creativereactionlab.com], a social impact design collaborative whose mission is to challenge global issues through creative problem solving.
What are my parking options getting to the event?
Street parking is available near GRid70 as well as several paid parking lots ($5-8).
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For questions about the event or registration, contact:
AIGA West Michigan Diversity + Inclusion Director