Get involved. Give back.
Did you know AIGA West Michigan is 100% volunteer-powered? Our chapter’s success depends solely on the efforts of our many volunteers. It takes smart, dedicated, creative people like yourself to make everything we do possible. And while your volunteer efforts really do help the design community, they also help you build leadership skills, build your professional network, and, ok this is cheesy but bear with us, it feels good to give back and belong to a fun group! Reach out to any of our current board of directors to learn more!
Still seeking the following Board Positions:
- Communications Director
- Education Director
- Programming Director
- Membership & Recruiting Director
- Treasurer & Fundraising Director
- Operations Director
- Community and Connections Director
Open Committee Positions:
One year renewable terms, joinable at any time.
Apply for a committee position here
- Communications Committee
- Community and Connection Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Education Committee
- Programming Committee
- Volunteer Chair – Work closely with the programming director and coordinate all of our amazing volunteers for events.
There are a number of benefits to becoming a leader with AIGA West Michigan but here are a few to begin:
- Helping to contribute to the community of West Michigan
- Learning new skills like leadership training, event planning, and public speaking
- Complimentary registration to AIGA WM events and discounted national conferences and events
- Access to the local, regional and national design network
- Shaping the current state and future of design
- Giving back to the design profession
- Paying it forward to emerging and future creative practitioners
Need a few more details before applying?
Board positions: Board members commit to a two-year agreement to serve the West Michigan chapter of AIGA. The time, motivation, and dedication shared makes a significant impact on the local community. This requires a commitment to the vision and needs of AIGA West Michigan while strengthening your network with local designers and AIGA chapters around the nation. Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) or above if elected to a board position. Terms will begin June 1, 2020, and end May 31st, 2022.
The board meets monthly to report on and develop chapter activities. While this is a “working board,” we are fiducially and strategically responsible for this 501(c)3 organization. Taking on a board role is a serious endeavor with large responsibilities, however, it’s also an exciting task. Our board and committee members serve the greater West Michigan design community, providing leadership and helping shape the understanding and value of our profession.
Committee positions: Committee members support their director and the committee’s purpose. You are encouraged to lead within the committee and take responsibility for tasks assigned to you. Committee members encourage one another to stay active and creative and are encouraged to network and establish relationships with event attendees and community partners. Each committee requires a different amount of commitment, on average we estimate roughly 5-10 hours a month. Committee member positions are one year in duration. Committee members must have a current AIGA membership at any level (starting at $50/yr).