AIGA WM COVID-19 Support & Resources
We are compiling a list of resources to help you stay connected and supported during this challenging time we’re facing together. We encourage everyone in our community to stay informed and take the necessary precautions to stay healthy. This list will continue to be added to as more resources become available. If you have a suggestion to add please let us know in our Slack community or email them to us here.
AIGA is committed to advancing the future of design within our communities, among our members, in small businesses and corporations, in educational institutions, and for individuals. We are in an unprecedented time, where change takes place every minute of the day. Please use this resource hub as a guide to some of the most critical needs our community faces today, and will face in the coming weeks and months.
- Linkedin Learning – Develop your skills with online classes, lectures, and design tutorials (many are free).
- Type Crit Crew – The Type Crit Crew is a free resource for type design students to meet 1–1 with experienced type designers for virtual critiques.
Virtual Events From other AIGA Chapters
Catch up on AIGA at Home Webinars you may have missed at aiga.org.
Virtual Classes and Conferences
- SkillShare For AIGA Members – AIGA members at the Sustaining level will receive 40% off an annual premium subscription to Skillshare. New to Skillshare? AIGA members, at any level, receive a 2-month free trial. More details about the member benefit here. Sign up for Skillshare today!
- Behance / Adobe Live – Access live classes every day. Classes cover graphic design, illustration, photoshop, UI/UX and more. Ask them questions in real-time, get inspired, connect with the creative community and watch the replays.
- Design Future Now Podcast – By AIGA / Lee-Sean Huang – How is design changing as a discipline and profession? How do we face these opportunities as a community? AIGA’s Lee-Sean Huang explores these questions and more with creative practitioners and leaders.
> Season one podcast episodes here
> Additional live recorded episodes on IGTV here
- Grand Rapids Public Library digital services – GRPL offers digital and audio books and partner access to films, language learning, skill videos, and more with a vaild GRPL or KDL card.
- Smithsonian – Eight digital education resources from the Smithsonian.
- Enrichment Activities for Children – A searchable, growing list of activities for kids.
Creativity At Home
- Viral Art Project – The Viral Art Project began as a way to bring attention to the challenges all of us are facing during the pandemic. At its heart, it is a call to action for graphic designers, artists, and other creative people to use their talents to help raise awareness. Designers are invited to submit poster art highlighting the challenges we are facing and to help promote messages about how we can get through this together.
- Adobe Coloring Book – Each week this spring, the Adobe Coloring Book will feature coloring pages created by some of their favorite artists that you can print or finish with your favorite Adobe apps.